N gauge etched bridge (help needed)

Hi everyone,

Ive been thinking that i would love to have a bridge (for staff) to span my layout (front to back) so about 2'6" long. (BR(W)  transition layout)

Ideally it would be etched brass, with access stairs so that staff could come down into the yard and depot area.

I'm thinking along the lines of the bridge that stretches across litchurch lane depot throat in Derby or indeed like Maurice @ Osbourne model's hand built one on his Kingswear layout.

I dont care if its modular as thats fine by me.

Anyone on here steer me i the right direction for a kit please?

cheers

Dave

lol, i dont have the time, although its not a bad idea.

This link http://www.gwr.org.uk/layoutskingswear1.html

about half way down in the left column of pictures should show what i mean. That would be perfect for me but i dont think Maurice would appreciate me pinching it off his layout. lol

cheers

Dave

Hello Dave.

Maurices stuff is a work of art, I remember him building that bridge.

The only suggestion I can really offer is the ratio GWR footbridge, you could easily modify those kits to span your 2ft, you dont have to use the roof sections but just the base and sides. This is of course not etched but the mouldings do look good quite well detailed.

Of course another solution is to get something 'custom' etched to suit maybe?

Missy :)

Hi Dave

I could do a custom etch kit for you, if I could make a commercial kit out of it. It would depend on your time span and finding details like pics and drawings. I have some drawings I'll have a look PM if your interested.

Archived