R. Meadowcroft Models

I recently bought a substantial amount of 4mm tramway overhead components off of a certain internet auction site here down under.

The images with the posting weren't the best, but I was pretty convinced that they were of Meadowcroft manufacture as I bought some single span poles from them some years (eons?) ago.

Well, I've ended with more overhead wiring than I know what to do with, plus I have several different types of trolley poles which will allow me to modify my 4mm and HO trams to fully working overhead.

Is there a Tramway modelling society in the UK that might be interested in what I can't use?

I really want to have a small tramway on my new 4mm layout so that I can run my small fleet of 4mm trams on a out and back track somewhere near the front of the layout to give the layout a focal point when the main line has stopped working?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

To be honest, and it's in your best interest, Meadowcroft stuff will probably sell pretty well if you listed it on ebay.co.uk I personally do't use it but had some that I acquired in a 'job lot' so stuck it on there and was amazed at what it realised, as the bracket arm types are obviously no longer available and people still want to use them.

Other than that I can't really say much else as if it was offered to the TLRS then again, they'd have the problem of how to dispose of it to whoever, I suppose it could be donated to a society that's working on a model tram layout, but there's not many about, the only one that I can think of is the MTMS at Heaton Park that is restoring a deceased members layout for display..

Archived