GW combined brake setter cylinder release valve

Blandford1969

• RMweb Premium

Dear all,

This is a bit of a long shot. I am working on a paper on the GW vacuum brake, In looking at this subject there are some parts which have changed since the original text was written as a result of BR practice. The type I am working on at the moment is refered to as the combined ejector type(as fitted on panniers/ praries.)

The drawing below shows a front view of the ejector. At the top is the setter cylinder which is attached to the ejector by a U shaped attachment and as shown in the photo below . 

post-5625-0-51255500-1368196899_thumb.jpg

post-5625-0-16776400-1368197500_thumb.jpg

In the drawing it is possible to see a small release valve at the bottom of the setter cylinder. I am trying to find a clear photo this valve fitted on any engine. Those steam braked engines we have on the SVR do not have this valve and I am wondering anyone knows of any engine still with this valve fitted and if so do they have a photo they could let me have a look at?.

Of course many steam braked engines had a small reservior fitted separatley such as here on 7714 with its own release valve post-5625-0-43377400-1368197474.jpg - but that's a whole diffferent topic.

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated

kind regards

Duncan

Archived