Flipping orange peel

I've recently brush painted my Tower Brass 14xx with Phoenix Precision gloss paint, and I'm  very pleased with the result.  I thought I'd stretch my skills a bit and bought the same paint as an aerosol for my 45xx.  I sprayed it first with Halfords primer, which went on really well.  I've just done the first coat of loco green with the aerosol and it looks bad!  It's meant to be gloss, but it has a fine orange peel.  I've read old posts which talk about spraying from too far away (not guilty) passing too quickly (not guilty) outdoors (guilty).   

I'm not sure whether to hope it looks better after another coat in 24 hrs time, or whether to strip the paint off and start again?

I've recently brush painted my Tower Brass 14xx with Phoenix Precision gloss paint, and I'm  very pleased with the result.  I thought I'd stretch my skills a bit and bought the same paint as an aerosol for my 45xx.  I sprayed it first with Halfords primer, which went on really well.  I've just done the first coat of loco green with the aerosol and it looks bad!  It's meant to be gloss, but it has a fine orange peel.  I've read old posts which talk about spraying from too far away (not guilty) passing too quickly (not guilty) outdoors (guilty).   

I'm not sure whether to hope it looks better after another coat in 24 hrs time, or whether to strip the paint off and start again?

Or use T-Cut when it's dried properly?

Thanks for prodding me along the path of wisdom - good old Nitromors did the trick.  It's now clean and back to bare metal.

Cheers

Rob

'Orange peel' is often caused when paint is sprayed in damp conditions. The only real solution is to rub down and respray.

Archived