Bachmann Deltics

Mike70

Hi,

Originally posted this under the Class 55 forum. But I think it was probably the wrong forum....

Basically I am looking to purchase two new Bachmann Deltics;

9011 in two tone green (32-529B)

9005 in BR blue (32-531DC)

The blue one is DC fitted and comes with working lights.

The green one isn't DC fitted, but I'm not sure if lights are fitted or not.

Would I need to fit a 21 pin decoder to activate the lights if they are fitted?

I read an unsubstantiated comment on another website that Bachmann are going to stop making the class 55 deltic.

Has anyone else heard this rumour?

I only ask because if 9011 does not have on board lights, then I might wait for a future release of a green deltic with DC and lighting.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike.

I recently bought the DCC fitted Bachman Deltic (Blue) on offer from Hattons.  As I don't use DCC I took the chip out an fitted the blanking plate supplied. ALL the lights are all now permanently on, both cab lights (too bright) and both route indicators etc (too dull).

Apart from that a fantastic, powerful, super quiet loco.

Brit15

• RMweb Gold

Yes. Releases over the last few years have. I  think from 32-529 on. If you want better control on 9005 on DC,then remove the chip and fit a blanking pin.No.....I haven't heard any such rumour. 55's are in the new catalogue. There is always a steady stream on e-bay.

I ordered it from Hattons last night, with DCC.

Earlier I made some references to DC, meaning digitial control.  Obviously people thought I was reffering to traditional DC control.

Apologies, I'm knew to all this.

At the moment I have an old traditional DC controller.  But as soon as E-Link is released, I 'm going to move over to DCC.

That should not be too long now.  So I'll just keep the decoder inside 9005 and test it in a month or so.

• 3 months later...

Mike, you will not be disappointed with 9005 it runs great. You can run it with its DCC decoder on analogue until you go too DCC btw....

dude2112,

I finally got DCC set up yesterday and gave 9005 a run.

I'm really pleased with it.  Especially for the price I paid.

I never bothered with 9011, because it turned out to be weathered.

Mike.

• 2 months later...

Archived