Northampton No. 2 SB Diagram needed

sml1983

Found on the internet a signal box diagram site with a diagram of Northampton No. 2 that i really need but after waiting for a reply for an e-mail for the last month was wondering if any of you guys could help.  I wanted to purchase this diagram but as i haven't got a cheque book i e-mailed request info on any other ways to pay.  I've yet to even receive an e-mail in answer or even one to let me know they've received mine and are looking into alternative payment methods. What i really need to be able to do is read the numbers on the diagram but they're just too small on the .jpg i attained through right click. I've attached the image so you can see how hard it is to see the numbers.  Thanks in advance for any help you fine fellows can provide.post-17388-0-21769900-1368874966.gif

You're correct in your statement.  It's the purchasing that i'm having the problem with.  I don't have a cheque book and according to their website this is the only means of paying.  As stated earlier, i am still awaiting a reply to my e-mail regarding any alternative payment options.

• RMweb Gold

Have you tried Malcolm, the secretary ?

http://www.s-r-s.org.uk/formtreasurer.html

He's normally pretty good.

The diagram is deliberately small to protect the information, the Swft series, Volume 1 should cover the Northampton loop and will be available from other book sellers.

Thanks for your replies.  Have just emailed Malcolm (thanks beast66606) and shall see what he can do for me.  The No.1 diagram has been a good head scratcher for the last couple of weeks but after much eye strain and lots of playing on my photo editor hey presto:

post-17388-0-59683700-1368908863_thumb.jpg

Planning on making a layout of this section with possibly a future extension of the station proper so wanted to do both diagrams while method was still fresh in my head. 

Am now going to google the book mentioned by beast. 

Thanks LNERGE, had been on that site a while back and was glad to have been as it's the only info i've found so far regarding amount of levers.  Thanks for the offer for the diagram but you needn't rummage around trying to find it as it's just slightly too far down from where i needed.

Thanks again fellas. :yes:

Beast i see from your profile you studied signalling.  Could you perhaps clear up a point for me and explain how facing point levers work please?  Do they have to be reversed to unlock the point levers and kept in the reversed position for the duration of the train movement or do they get pulled off then returned to normal once the points are set?

Hope this makes sense.

• RMweb Gold

I think the lie of 39 points is the wrong way around, as they don't function as a trap otherwise.

I think the levers marked as up distants to the right are probably slots on the homes, unless it was an example of wild numbering.

You have at least one pair of points where the a and b ends are probably  transposed.

FPL when reversed lock the point, so they have to be normal for the point to be free (as usual there are examples where this is not the case, but for this diagram it is)

hth

Many thanks.  You're correct regarding 39. My bad.  Thank you for clarifying FPL's.  Could you let me know which are transposed please.  I wasn't sure which way they are labelled and just went with the assumption that a is nearest the SB. Regarding the distants:

post-17388-0-76715000-1369038682.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Ignore my comments about the transposition of the points, it was my eyesight, not your mistake - sorry.

The distant's are too small to see but the numbering, aside from 47 does not follow conventional LNWR practice.

Archived