Transfer woes...

I having some trouble with some Fox waterslides. Namely the 'almost complete' 47 numbers in black. All the other transfers I have, have gone on perfectly, but the ready formed numbers seem to not stick to the model. The paint finish is fine, the transfers are used as per instructions, but they won't play ball and just fall back off. Any ideas?

you could try adding a small amount of PVA glue to the water also avoid soaking the transfer too long, i usually dip the transfer in water for a second then leave it until you can just move it

that will ensure that the adhesive is not washed away. You could also e-mail Fox and get some advice, they might even send some replacements.

Something I recently discovered when some Parkside transfers had dried out and wouldn't stick to the model was liquid decal film from Microscale (the same people who make Micro Sol and Micro Set).  Paint it onto the back of the transfer sheet and 15 minutes later the transfers are ready to use. It's about £3 from various online model shops as well as Amazon and ebay.

Archived