• RMweb Gold

I've just found a Hornby (ex airfix) macaw h in the bottom of a stock box and would like to do a bit of work on the chassis to brig it up to scratch.

After a quick search on the Internet, the only photos that I have found show a different type of brake gear to that on the model. Would any still have the type modeled by airfix in the late 40s?

I am a little unsure as to how the to brackets for should be connected given the difference in height between them.

Other than adding the rods, I also will be fitting the cross pieces between the underframes bars, and the brake connection between the leaved and the bogies. Is there anything else worth adding?

• RMweb Gold

The model as it comes is fitted with DC brakes so its a diagram J25.

Thanks for the photos Gareth, but as a Macaw B it is a different diagram (I don't think the H has the extra trusses, at least the model doesn't.)  They will however be useful once I get a Bachmann Macaw B...

From Industrial's link 107328 is a preserved Macaw H with DC brakes, will have a bit of a trawl and see if I can find a few more images...

Still need to work out what exactly to use them for...

• RMweb Gold

So far I've only managed to find one other photo (from the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway website), which again is not very clear.  Has anyone taken any detail shots of the preserved one they can share?

Also saw a photo of a plywood sided Mogo on there, which looks pretty tempting to have a go at....

Also saw a photo of a plywood sided Mogo on there, which looks pretty tempting to have a go at....

If you want shots of a plywood sided Mogo, I can share photos of SVR's 65801 MOGO which is also a plywood Van as well.

Garethp8873.

The model as it comes is fitted with DC brakes so its a diagram J25.

Thanks for the photos Gareth, but as a Macaw B it is a different diagram (I don't think the H has the extra trusses, at least the model doesn't.)  They will however be useful once I get a Bachmann Macaw B...

From Industrial's link 107328 is a preserved Macaw H with DC brakes, will have a bit of a trawl and see if I can find a few more images...

Still need to work out what exactly to use them for...

Telegraph poles, perhaps, Richard? There are some photos of similar wagons so loaded in the book about Great Western Wagons and their loads.

(apologies for mis-naming you..)

Archived