Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

K's white metal kits

I have been bitten by the same bug. I put my NuCast Garratt to one side as I was having problem building the valve gear.

Eighteen months later, I restarted with Comet chassis and valve gear, but the instructions are not in the box. 

Assembling the Comet parts went well and the chassis runs very smoothly. 

I hope I can sort out the body parts.

Thane of Fife

I have been bitten by the same bug. I put my NuCast Garratt to one side as I was having problem building the valve gear.

Eighteen months later, I restarted with Comet chassis and valve gear, but the instructions are not in the box. 

Assembling the Comet parts went well and the chassis runs very smoothly. 

I hope I can sort out the body parts.

Thane of Fife

I have been really lucky, a kind member has posted the sheets up on here for me, now have them digitally stored, I have the body shell soldered up but it was chassis hardware etc that I had lost my recollection of, have 2 more kits ,(1361 ST and an ex LNWR Webb coal Tank) to build at some time, will make sure I don't repeat my mistake when I open them.

Good luck with your project

Kevin 

Sydney

• 9 months later...

Bit of a really long shot, but here goes....

I found a K's LNER Atlantic 4-4-2 kit in my "stash" at the weekend and had thoughts about making the kit.

When I took it out of the box I noticed several items missing.

Just to qualify that, it was given to me as a "scrapped kit" by the manufacturer many years ago when I called at the factory in Banbury, and to be honest I didn't pay too much attention at that time.

The main item I would like to have is the opposing (RHS) fire box side and was considering making a casting to match the LHS.

I am able to do this but would need an original to make the master from so, does anyone have an unmade kit from which I could copy that specific part. I just just feel it's worth making with some updated parts.

Obviously it would only be a loan of said part with all costs refunded.

Failing that I may consider scratch building the fire box to fit but a casting would be my first thought.

Any help would be most welcome.

Grahame

Attached photo of LHS for reference

post-20303-0-23132600-1484588436_thumb.jpeg

Bit of a really long shot, but here goes....

I found a K's LNER Atlantic 4-4-2 kit in my "stash" at the weekend and had thoughts about making the kit.

When I took it out of the box I noticed several items missing.

Just to qualify that, it was given to me as a "scrapped kit" by the manufacturer many years ago when I called at the factory in Banbury, and to be honest I didn't pay too much attention at that time.

The main item I would like to have is the opposing (RHS) smoke box side and was considering making a casting to match the LHS.

I am able to do this but would need an original to make the master from so, does anyone have an unmade kit from which I could copy that specific part. I just just feel it's worth making with some updated parts.

Obviously it would only be a loan of said part with all costs refunded.

Failing that I may consider scratch building the smoke box to fit but a casting would be my first thought.

Any help would be most welcome.

Grahame

Attached photo of LHS for reference

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I presume you mean firebox (rather than Smokebox)?

ChrisKT

I presume you mean firebox (rather than Smokebox)?

ChrisKT

Yes, altered on another thread, schoolboy error, I'm standing in the corner whilst writing out a thousand times ........ LOL !

Duly edited here too !

Archived