axbridge station

Adamphillip

I thought I was off to Axbridge, Somerset for a minute but no matter, CJF's Umberleigh plan is a good one.It will be interesting to see how you update the plan from a Wessex steam era plan to a more modern Kent plan.

I thought I was off to Axbridge, Somerset for a minute but no matter, CJF's Umberleigh plan is a good one.It will be interesting to see how you update the plan from a Wessex steam era plan to a more modern Kent plan.

I was at Axbridge, Somerset when I had the idea for some of the buildings, and the line might just move there if i want because somerset has some nice beaches, I mainly wanted to move the location to kent because of the NSE and class 92's from the euro tunnel.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Bags of ballast and watered down PVA with a drop of washing up liquid is the cheapest and best way although if you don't want it to be permanent put a layer of grease proof paper under your track before starting. :)
You don't want the underlay stuff because it rots after a while. (if you look carefully in some model shops there will be a bag of dust hanging up somewhere labelled ''Hornby right hand point underlay'' or ''Peco Underlay'' :no: )

Bags of ballast and watered down PVA with a drop of washing up liquid is the cheapest and best way although if you don't want it to be permanent put a layer of grease proof paper under your track before starting. :)

You don't want the underlay stuff because it rots after a while. (if you look carefully in some model shops there will be a bag of dust hanging up somewhere labelled ''Hornby right hand point underlay'' or ''Peco Underlay'' :no: )

should i use cork or black foam then?

It's your choice and there are many opinions on the subject. Although personally I use cork tiles, which are available from most tiling/diy shops.
I prefer to use the tiles and not the cork roll which you can get because the tiles are easy to cut to shape and don't curve, where as the cork roll is hard to cut, rolls and curves up all over the place.
One of the chaps I knew liked to use the hard foam stuff although like a sponge he had problems keeping it level.

• 3 weeks later...

ballast down just hope the glue holds as it should,

also i am going to be making a fictitious train of swiss IC stock pulled by a intercity liveried 91 that will be detailed to be a prototype euro city loco with the same electric system as the class 92. pictures to follow

• 1 month later...

my roster of OO/HO locos that are either DCC, analoge or zero1 (not all mine)

LMS duchess of sutherland

BR britannia class "Apollo"

BR britannia class "Britannia"

BR class 37 "the Saltire Society"

DB V200 221 111-8

BR class 101 DMU

BR class 91 91008 (to be renumbered and modified)

BR class 09 "Dick Hardy"

DB 0-6-0 tank loco

DB Schenker class 92

• 1 month later...

Archived