HO novice requires advice on replacement wheels.

Neil

• RMweb Premium

I've just started assembling an Italeri freight car kit in HO. I'd like to replace the kits plastic wheels with metal ones. The vernier tells me that they're just shy of 11mm diameter and 24mm between axle pinpoints. Could anyone point me in the direction of a supplier?

Many thanks.

Hi Neil,

I have bought very nice metal wheels for HO from Frau Ursula Thomschke in Germany. The website is www.modellbahn-radsatz.de but I have found it more convenient to buy from her on e-bay, her e-bay name being benno002-2. She sells a fair range of wheel sizes on different axle lengths and in NEM (normal HO) and NMRA RP25 110 profile.

Good luck,  and dont forget to post some pictures of the result !!

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for all the suggestions; hopefully the wagon won't be static and the pragmatist/sloth in me isn't really up for Proto-anything but thanks for the thought too.

ditto with benno002-2.

I still have 3 different packs of her wheels..different axle lengths..very prompt and raid service too........much, much quicker than buying UK-sourced wheelsets, strangely. [plus, less costly in time and fuel?] Troubleis, I'm not sure she sells in axle pairs? However, I don't know who else does either?

• RMweb Premium

Just to wrap matters up, yesterday I ordered a pack of wheels from Frau Ursula Thomschke aka 'benno002-2' via e-bay. Many thanks to you all for your suggestions, they are much appreciated.

• 5 months later...

Hi Neil,

I have bought very nice metal wheels for HO from Frau Ursula Thomschke in Germany. The website is www.modellbahn-radsatz.de but I have found it more convenient to buy from her on e-bay, her e-bay name being benno002-2. She sells a fair range of wheel sizes on different axle lengths and in NEM (normal HO) and NMRA RP25 110 profile.

Good luck,  and dont forget to post some pictures of the result !!

I need replacement wheels as well (wanting the RP25 ones) which I've found on the website but can't find her on e-bay.  Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I put her name tag into 'search' and ended up with bicycle parts!

• RMweb Premium

I bought a bag of 50 modern Liliput HO wagon disc wheelsets off that well known fleapit of an auction site last month to replace the pizza-cutter wheels in some older Piko models, £30 for 50 axles and I think the seller had smaller quantities for sale, try a serch of 'Liliput HO Wheels'. UK based as well, offered free postage.

HTH,

• RMweb Premium

I need replacement wheels as well (wanting the RP25 ones) which I've found on the website but can't find her on e-bay.  Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I put her name tag into 'search' and ended up with bicycle parts!

Here you go.

I can heartily recommend the sellers service; a trouble free transaction.

Archived