Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Renumbering a Bachmann 08 Shunter in BR black

I have a Bachmann 08 shunter in BR black, numbered 13238. This particular loco spent the 60's at York North which is not a lot of use on a layout based in south Birmingham. The loco has been re wheeled using Utrascale wheels. I shall be replacing the the coupling rods soon.

I want to renumber the loco to 13082 which was a Saltley (21A) loco, at least until 1960. I have read the topic concerning the removal of Bachmann transfers and feel confident to remove the existing number.

However, I cannot find a source of transfers which I could use for the renumbering. Is anyone able to suggest a source?

When the loco has been renumbered I shall have a go at weathering it.

Many thanks in advance.

Colin

post-7577-12627897345661_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

However, I cannot find a source of transfers which I could use for the renumbering. Is anyone able to suggest a source?

Any of the usual suppliers' steam loco numbers will be suitable - that's what BR used !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Archived