ABS models wagon kits?

ChooChoo_Baloo

I have seen some ABS models GWR wagon kits 7mm scale, on eBay and also mentioned elsewhere.

I have an ABS catalogue, but there are no 7mm wagon kits within it, let alone any GWR ones.

So have 7mm ABS wagon kits been discontinued? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

One thing to watch out about the ABS catalogue is that it lists kits that are not yet available and may never be. A cursory glance at the listings may deceive you. But the actual kits that are available are very good value, and his castings in particular are generally excellent. I tend to 'lose' the buffers and couplings and replace them with better offerings from elsewhere.

I am planning to load my bag with ABS kits at Telford as they make a nice change from soldering bits of brass together. Or sticking plastic parts together, for that matter.

I have seen some ABS models GWR wagon kits 7mm scale, on eBay and also mentioned elsewhere.

I have an ABS catalogue, but there are no 7mm wagon kits within it, let alone any GWR ones.

So have 7mm ABS wagon kits been discontinued? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

This might be because he does several, scale-specific, catalogues/price lists.

One thing to watch out about the ABS catalogue is that it lists kits that are not yet available and may never be. A cursory glance at the listings may deceive you. But the actual kits that are available are very good value, and his castings in particular are generally excellent. I tend to 'lose' the buffers and couplings and replace them with better offerings from elsewhere.

I am planning to load my bag with ABS kits at Telford as they make a nice change from soldering bits of brass together. Or sticking plastic parts together, for that matter.

I have a number of ABS kits and have nearly completed an LNER open which is not the same diagram as the slaters version. This kit lacks some of the refinements of Parkside or Slaters but they go together well. As Poggy 1165 says better to replace buffers and couplings but good result can be obtained.

Some of the best kits are from the much lamented Freightman range which I hear are to make a return.

Paul R

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know where I can get a list of currently available models and an address/price list. As a returner to O gauge after a short break, I used to build lots of these but do not have any contact or range knowledge. Thanks

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like ABS has an effective sales prevention system! Even at a show I could not understand the pricing system in the catalog. Pity that so many ranges disappeared into ABS never to be seen again. Wrightlines 0-16.5 being an example.

Dava

• RMweb Premium

Wrightlines 0-16.5 being an example.

Adrian was at the Narrow Gauge show at Swanley two weeks ago with what looked like very comprehensive Wrightlines stock - of course this may just be the remaining stock from the original purchase of the business from Kay - I don't know if he is still producing replacements. I wasn't aware that he had stopped mail order as I'm sure other postings on various forums indicate that people are (or at least were) still getting things from him.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know where I can get a list of currently available models and an address/price list. As a returner to O gauge after a short break, I used to build lots of these but do not have any contact or range knowledge. Thanks

You could always buy some Dapol wagons instead!!!! :jester: :D

Adrian only does the 3 GOG shows now and does not do mail order any more. I do a range of 7mm wagon in both kit and RTR what are you looking for?

Marc

Bit of an issue for those of us not in the UK...   :sad_mini:

I had heard he offered a particular LMS open, but never heard back after several attempts at emailing him...

We export what did you want? If you PM me I will email you our full catalogue, we have over 100 wagons, coaches, locos and buildings in the range and its always growing. Also if you cant see it in the range and you want 10 wagons or 5 coaches we take commissions all you will have to pay for is the price of the kits we pick up the bill for R&D.

Marc

Archived