GWR Tender Help

Bought a Bachmann GWR Manor loco today. Pics are below. Can't complain with the loco as I only spent £35 on her and she is a good runner. However I need to sort a few things out on it before I will be satisfied.

At the moment she is GWR 7820 Dinmore Manor and I want her to a GWR example rather than a BR one. Where can I pick up these up from? Secondly I need to hide some slight damage to one side and some scratches on the sides of the tender. Any suggestions for this? Also one of the bars on the back of the tender has broken off and I need to replace them. Where can I go for these please?

Many thanks!

z6o5.jpg

grd8.jpg

That's a peculiar combination of a loco in BR unlined green (a livery the Manors never carried [with one exception]) running with a pre-1934-lettered tender, which is before the Manors existed. Removal of the smokebox number will solve the former problem, and replacing the existing tender insignia with a roundel (or G W R for 1942 onward, although I suspect most Manors would have been black if repainted during the later years of the war) will solve the latter problem.

A couple of handrail knobs (try Markits or Alan Gibson) and a bit of 0.45mm wire will repair the rear tender handrails.

The damage to the tender side looks difficult to make good and may need replacement. Bachmann themselves? or 'Mainly Trains' used to have tender bodies listed, but seem to be out of stock.

Otherwise:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-MANOR-CLASS-TENDER-BODY-ONLY-/141003335218?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20d4742632

• RMweb Premium

If you gently push the broke bits of the tender back into their orginal postion and glue with a liquid poly , fill in any holes or cracks with modellers filler and touch the paint work Railmatch GWR green it's a good match for Bachmann loco's.

One other thing you need to do is remove the number plate from the smokebox door.

81C

If the cracks are not too big when you get the side straightened and glued try using correction fluid to fill the side. Tippex or similar I use Staples own brand.

SS

Archived