Harz Narrow Gauge ticket advice

sixteen 12by 10s

Off to the Harz Narrow Gauge railway shortly. and although I have been before, I know from my last visit that there have been changes in the validity of rover tickets.

I am there for three days, and want at least one thrash up the Brocken, and want the flexibility to use as much as the system as possible.

Can anybody advise on the best ticket/ combination of tickets, to purchase

Thanks

Gary

3 Tages-Karte Erwachsene    Gilt für 3 aufeinander folgende Tage auf dem gesamten Streckennetz der HSB    64,00€

means in English:

3 day ticket (adult): valid for 3 adjacent days on the whole network of the Harz Narrow Gauge railway (HSB) 64 EUR

This matches your requirements for the best.

Kind regards

Feix

HI all

And thanks for your replies.

I got in touch of a mate who has just come back from a visit. He recommends one of these tickets, 

http://www.nasa.de/index.php?id=66

This covers the whole network for three days, except, the final bit up the Brocken, and the only way round this is to pay the 32 euro, still the whole package with a trip to the top would come in at 50 euro, and have the advantage of getting from Wernigerode to Quidlinburg via the standard gauge route.

Last time i went 5 years ago, a 3 day unlimited rover was 27 euro, and the exchange rate was 1.4 euro to the pound, a bargain!

Will bring back piccys

Gary

• RMweb Gold

We found the best way round was to Quedlingberg on the standard gauge then onto the narrow gauge. However we did miss the small branches that trip. Worth a look although they may have changed the timetable since our visit a few years ago.

Ian

Archived