Spamcam 00 Brass Model Kitset

robmcg

Hi All,

I purchased a brass 00 model of 34006 'Spitfire'  on Ebay last month, it was very pleasing to win an attractive model described as a 'kitset', and I wonder if anyone here can suggest who manufactured the kitset, as well perhaps who might have built it? Nothing was mentioned by the seller except that it is 12v DC powered, goes well, and is 'kitset-built.' I bid £130.00. Most details are white metal or added wire and castings, with full front detail, hoses, firebox darts and so on.

It is lovely. For what its worth, photo created whilst listening to Piano concertos by Beethoven and Brahms.

post-7929-0-15182200-1373695699.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Please may we have close up photographs and will do best to try to identify.  This was a Ray1953 sale?

Yes, Ray19-53 was the seller on Ebay, 28 June this year. Excellent packing and service, some damage to delicate ladders on tender but nothing serious. I haven't yet tested the mechanism.

Here are two photos of the model as received around 5 July here in NZ.

post-7929-0-45649100-1373756180.jpg

post-7929-0-99344800-1373756211.jpg

Thanks,

Rob

edit; brass chassis, wire between engine and tender, parallel-mounted worm-and-pinion drive 12v Dc motor to middle driving wheel. 3-link couplings and good detail. It runs on a short test track, draws a fair current but is smooth may just need some more space than I have to free-up and/or be lubricated a tad.

Archived