If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Greetings

Joker 56

Hi everybody, I am based in Malaysia , having moved here last year, I'm in the process of building my N gauge layout after everything being on hold before the move East, just working out a track plan that I can fit on office desk 180 x 80mm as its not easy buying boards & timber here, visited two timber yards ,wholesale only( half a forest on trucks I could see) hence the desk

• RMweb Gold

Hi Joker 56 and welcome,

You could try approaching the local shop fitters whist they are working, (that's if you have a local Malay speaker with you that is! ((I'm presuming!))), they usually have tools, materials and labour(!) spread out all over the pavement where they are working so easy to find!

I've seen lots of shops being outfitted, in and around the big cities in Malaysia, with plenty of carpentry going on with small quantities of various types of boards and stuff. Worth an ask anyway.

(I've been to Penang and Kuala Lumpur quite a few times. But maybe not really as I was always a couple of hours drive away from their airports and appeared to be in the middle of nowhere! Nice though - especially Sun City.)

Enjoy your RMweb experience but please – turn the AC up!

Kev.

(PS. What you modelling?)

Archived