Rays Rails

RaysRails

Hello Modellers

Welcome to my topic and hopefully welcome to our new shop.

My name is Ray Pond, and with my partner Sarah Elliott with have opened a new shop in Hatfield Heath (near Bishop Stortford)

I was chatting to Andy York at the Bachmann trade show last Sunday, and he thought it would be a good idea to come on hear to introduce myself and explain a bit about Ray Rails.

Firstly i would like to clear up any confusion, we are a new business and we are selling new stock from all major manufactures (Bachmann, Hornby, Dapol, Heljan, ViTrains, Peco plus many more), We have no connection with any other business in our local area, please feel free check out our website www.raysrails.co.uk or contact us at any time by phone, email or just pop in for a warm welcome.

We Are firstly a model railway shop, but we are looking move into scalextric and airfix kits in time for Christmas, we do offer DCC services, (fitting and some advice), we also hope to move into weathering very soon.

If you find we do not have products here that you require, please tell us and we will do our very best to bring new products online, as we are new we can not provide everything at once it will take time to get our business up and running like all the well established shops we have around the country.

Talking of new products what we do sell is the new fantastic range from Peedie models  resin and photo etch kits for 2mm (N Gauge) modeller 

Before i go we do have some bargains in store that match and some might beat all of the major online stores please contact for details while they last.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, we will only be to happy to tell you more and help you with all your modelling needs

Ray Pond  

Welcome :)  We'd already discussed you and come to the conclusion there was "no connection" a while back.

Wrong direction for me sadly, I'm south of London - but I do occasionally head up the M11 and will try to pop in if I can.

Do you plan to stock much for us 7mm modellers? 

Hi 

We do stock a small range of slaters, parkside & peco 7mm wagon kits, some peco flexi track and we have a couple of the RTR Dapol wagons,(we have had Heljan locos but they dont hang around for long)  

I just got these in to show we can get 7mm stock, as we are new its hard to decide what to get in, but we have accounts with all of major manufacturers, so wecan  order what people want.

We are still working out our customer base, it will take a while for us to settle

Ray 

As an old 'Essex boy' from Fyfield, I do occasionally return to my old stomping ground to visit family, and friends in the central Essex area, so it means a little detour along the old A414, instead of the new route off the M11 at Harlow, will pop in some day just to be nosey.

From a former model railway trader - good luck. :sungum:  

• 1 month later...

Hi 

Just an update for anyone wishing to shop at Rays Rails we will be closing on Saturday 19th October for one day as we are trading at the Chelmsford Model railway exhibition at The King Edward VI Grammar school,Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 3SX  

For further information contact Chelmsford & district model railway club or Rays Rails   01279-739389   info@raysrails.co.uk 

Ray

Archived