Hornby GWR Shunter's trucks... OUT NOW!

Multiple identity account 2

The R6624 and R6642A GWR Shunters trucks from Hornby have now hit stores.... Judging by the images put up by the shop down at Sheffield, they look lovely.

R6642

https://railsofsheffield.com/gwr-shunters-truck-acton-r6642-JJJA21333.aspx

R6642A

https://railsofsheffield.com/gwr-shunters-truck-gloucester-r6642a-JJJA21334.aspx

Seem good for the price as well.

• RMweb Gold

just had a look at the shunters truck in hereford models, for a shade over £8 its a cracking little model

We can but hope that the BR version appears in the correct colour scheme :)

Of cpurse the other interesting thing is what will folk do with one once they're got it?  They were basically confined to yards although they could sometimes be seen on very short distance trips with yard pilot engines and effectively they only worked in the larger or busier yards anyway.  I'm very glad to see them receiving attention to modern standards at long last but most layouts would have very little use for one (although I doubt that will hit sales figures).

I have just had my "Order Processed" from Hattons and I am looking forward to getting my hands on these very impressive wagons. I am still not sure though about the wagon number on the Acton Shunter Truck (40148). Is this the proper number for the Acton example?

... I am still not sure though about the wagon number on the Acton Shunter Truck (40148). Is this the proper number for the Acton example?

See my reply to your OP in this topic. It's an error, it should be 41048. Not sure about the Gloucester one, though, it doesn't appear in any lists I've seen. See Atkins et al. and gwr.org.uk (with linked allocation list).

Nick

Archived