IS ANYONE ELSE MODELLING CHINESE HO?

TEAMYAKIMA

Hi

I have just started building baseboards for a large Chinese HO exhibition layout..... 26ft x 10ft

Is anyone else building Chinese HO?

Would anyone out there like to help with my project? I ask because I would like to get the layout on the exhibition circuit before I'm too old to set it up!

Paul (Watford, Herts)

• RMweb Gold

I can't help (physically) but I am fond of Chinese railways and visit there quite regularly so I do have a few photos that could help.

What location/time period are you modelling?

Kev.

Hi Kev

You can certainly help!!   Am always seeking more info

Perhaps you can send me a PM?

I am modelling circa 2004/05 NE of Beijing. Three systems merging on the outskirts of a major station (off site)

a) There's China Rail double track mainline ( probably O/H electric with some diesel )  ....

b)  single track provincial railway (part QJ powered) .....

b) industrial steelworks/coal line featuring a banking station based on Chengde (uses SY and JS)

Any more out there? Any country, not just UK!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

I have more pics but finding them (and the time) is a problem but I am on it!

In the mean time here's is a pic taken in Inner Mongolia earlier this year.

post-12815-0-11571400-1375770898_thumb.jpg

Kev.

• RMweb Gold

Bit far to help but looking forward to progress and hopefully seeing it on the circuit. I've got a motley collection of the Bachmann models with ideas for a small layout one day. I fitted a tsunami sound decoder to my QJ as there is a air horn option as well as whistle on the heavy steam version.

Hi Paul,

Hi, hope you're ok. Think we corresponded on another forum re my layout 'Changchun'. 

Should you find yourself at an exhibition in the northwest, I'd be happy to bring some stock along, a few green coaches, a few wagons and a lot of steam locos:

1x Bachmann QJ

1x scrachbuilt QJ

1x scratchbuilt QJ2

2x modified JF's

1x SL

1x RM (and maybe another if I finish off my half built one!)

1x SL7(Streamlined pacific)

1x DFH3

and a Bachmann DF4

Could also pull in another 3x QJ and a SY

Might be useful, can't offer any more significant assistance - a baby on the way!

Regards

Richard,

Hello Richard

Sorry, missed your posting. Yes we have exchanged posts elsewhere and I think we met years ago when you were just starting building a QJ .... I worked at Victors model shop and you came in to look at American brass castings.

Hopefully have some baseboards to show shortly.

Paul

Hi Paul,

That'd be me yes! Calscale stuff had some very good representative air pumps, steam generators, reversers etc, most of which ended up on one or other of the scratchbuilt QJ/RM/SL...!

Look forward to seeing the baseboards in due course!

Regards

Richard.

Archived