Bexham south coast N gauge DCC

shreives

Looking great stuart.

I too recently got a bargain 108 lovely a smooth runners...

73 looks like a typical workhorse, did you purchase it weathered?

Layout is looking really good,

I'll keep an eye for further progress.

Cheers

Jack

• Like 1

Hi jack thank you very much . The 108s are lovely models and Iv wanted one since they came out but I feel that now I can just about justify having one on the layout .

The 73 was bought weathered but on closer inspection it seems that the whole loco has has been resprayed, but again like the 108 it runs like a dream.

I will try and get some better pictures of it for you tomorrow in the sun hopefully .

Stuart

• Like 1

Just a quick question for you guys. I've been trying to find out if any 108 units had nse branding on them before being repainted into nse livery I can't find any information anywhere and just wondered if any could help with this.

Much appreciated

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I thought they were but i was getting confused with the blue/grey 2epb's with the NSE kent link branding.

But 2epb's can be made using farish mk1 suburban coaches and resin cabs.

Slightly off topic there sorry mate.

Cheers

Jack.

Thanks Steve and jack . After doing abit more research I thinks it's no on this one . I'm pretty sure it was only western region units that were painted into nse livery but il use mine as a stand in unit modellers licence :)

I'm quit happy to leave mine in blue & grey for the time being .

Thanks for the info on the epb jack il will probably hang on and see if gf do one.

Stuart

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve sorry for the late reply there hasn't been anymore work done on the layout at present but I'm hoping to get round to my brothers and get a little bits done.

I have also been playing around with the Camera on my phone and I'm quit pleased with how this shot of the 47 has come out it really shows up the weathering and stained look

post-3608-0-30047200-1380798385_thumb.jpg

Would be glad to here your comments

Stuart

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Just to prove i'm doing some work Stuart!

The layout has been stored for a couple of months whilst i've got on with other jobs but tonight i dug it out and hopefully will make some progress in the coming weeks.

First thing to do was give the track a good clean and run it, although the layout is DCC i was using DC tonight to test some rolling stock, i also wanted to make sure the Dapol magnets that are buried under the track were working ok. 

Little video to show that trains do run and the magnet in the platform works.

Cheers

(chief builder) Graham.

• Like 2

Thanks for putting the video together graham the baseboard joint sounds a lot better than I remember I will be cracking on with some scenery when I get the chance to come over . Working day and night now at work so no modelling time for me at the moment .

Thanks agin chief builder

Stuart

Hello all, and Stuart.

I've done a little bit of scenic work this evening whilst i'm waiting for electrical bits to turn up.

Added three quarters of the platform fencing, planted half a dozen trees, started wiring the signals and touched up the grass.

post-6774-0-78642300-1382728246_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

• Like 6

Hi Steve thank you very much but I can't take any credit for the layout that is all Graham's fantastic work . But I will doing more scenic work on it tomorrow hopefully and I will get some pictures up with the stock on it. And if graham has got time maybe another video

Stuart