back scene low relief factories - warehouses - workshops

Hello

I know there are several sites that supply buildings to print out and build.

I'm thinking of just making what pops into my mind but wonder if there are any posts with information on roof pitch angles, room heights etc so I have some rough scaling ideas.

If not I might use some of the ready made printout stuff and do a measure off to get the relevant measurements.  I am hoping there will be some drawings that I can scale up and use as a cut out template on the foam board core I will be using.

Many thanks

Hi Barnaby,

Why not pop outside and count bricks.  There are generally four courses of bricks vertically to the foot and if you assume a full brick is 9 inches horizontally long you won't go far wrong.  Alternatively, if you have some photos of brick elevations you need't even go outside.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Roof pitch angles can go from 0 being a flat roof up to around 60 degrees, a normal house type roof would tend to be around 30-45 degrees.

If you take the ceiling height plus 1 foot for each story of the building you will be about right, allowing for the fact that older terraces tend to have higher ceilings than more modern buildings.

I usually base a single door as being 6'6" x 3', and then base windows on that measurement from a photo.

Using the above you should be able to estimate enough to build what pops into your head, the other thing is to look at the proportions as sometimes what you measure out just looks wrong, so adjust it to what looks right for you.

This was knocked up using the above based on a photo I took of Cromer high street, not an exact copy but near enough to get the effect I wanted.

IMGP0037.jpg

IMGP0038.jpg

Archived