Workshop Wise 2013

Axlebox

Advance notice!

The NE & Borders area group of the EMGS present Workshop Wise 2013 on Saturday 5th October. (10.30 to 5.00)

This year we're at the Newton & Bywell community centre in Newton village (just off the A69 on the road to Hexham & post code NE43 7UL).

A day of finescale railway modelling with 4 working layouts including our 'house' layout Kielder Forest and the small but nicely formed Croft Depot. 8 demonstrators will be in attendance for your delectation...and the home made yoghurt cake is a must...but get in early as last year it sold out fast!

Apart from the cake, the cafeteria offers a selection of food and drink.

Admission is £3 for adults and accompanied children get in free!

For more details and directions...

http://52fmodels.sharepoint.com/Pages/EMGS.aspx

Duncan

• 4 weeks later...

Well... at the last Workshopwise Event, the buns, scones and bacon butties were some of the best I've ever sampled at rail related event.

(yes Mr F I sampled them all...and some more!)

And during the few moments I managed to brake that mysterious and hypnotic effect that food holds over me, I managed to to drag myself away from the catering area to see some fine modelling and tool making.

Well worth a visit and the five hours I'll have to spent on the bus getting there and back...

Porcy (who is contemplating eating Duck at some point over the next 4 days)

Well... at the last Workshopwise Event, the buns, scones and bacon butties were some of the best I've ever sampled at rail related event.

(yes Mr F I sampled them all...and some more!)

And during the few moments I managed to brake that mysterious and hypnotic effect that food holds over me, I managed to to drag myself away from the catering area to see some fine modelling and tool making.

Well worth a visit and the five hours I'll have to spent on the bus getting there and back...

Porcy (who is contemplating eating Duck at some point over the next 4 days)

...Porcy, if I had to pass Durham to get there I'd give you a lift...

• 2 weeks later...

All packed and off to the show...just got to pick up Porcy in Newcastle...and already looking forward to me mug of tea and early morning cake.

If you're there today and fancy a stint on Croft depot (full training included)...just ask!

Cheers

Duncan

Archived