1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Things look pretty scary doon there - some sinister stuff around!

Besides all the glue - were those poor souls lying about the platform electrocuted?  I couldn't help noticing the red and black bare wires looming in the background.

Day of the Tryfids?

Or Conan Doyle's 'The Poison Belt'? I seem to remember the Southern Railway featured in that.....

:triniti:

....its safer oop noorth

dhig

A touch out of focus perhaps   .........    but  .........

A  Hose' reel.................

..............................................                    ....................................                       .....................................                          .................................     .............     ......   they do look rather real  ........    :angel:

A touch out of focus perhaps   .........    but  .........

..............................................                    ....................................                       .....................................                          .................................     .............     ......   they do look rather real  ........    :angel:

Yes, J, it is a photograph, of a photograph,of the real item on the platform,  badly cut out, hence oof, reduced to scale....................

Now,where did I leave those,bucket's of scale water............... :scratchhead:

I suppose all the chalk and Limestone in the surrounding hills makes the   ............

Now,where did I leave those,bucket's of scale water........

................    water so ready to produce scale    ..........................       ....................           :scratchhead:

These black railing's, are the only materials,that remain of the original station built in...........1876

In the link below, there are 3 photo's that shew, Priory from 1876, 1930,   the then new station rebuilt in 1932, which largely remain's today......

Please click link.........................Dover Priory Station.......1876,  1930  Rebuilt,  1932.

• Like 1

The tree's on the right of this picture,on the hill I am standing on, form the upper most point of the "Gully", entry to

the North portal of Harbour Tunnel,South of DP.

15399625742_1b98502961_o.jpg

This pic. shew's the portal at track level........................

11304316695_2467208d2a_o.jpgPrioryStationDover075 (1)    scissors by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

a couple of tree's and a bit of bramble just placed for a mock...............

post-13585-0-51119100-1412074360.jpg

• Like 4

After that stupendous sequence of comparative fencing posts, mebbe you deserve an OT post   :nono:  (or two)

I think you used to do time trials on yer bike up thru Greenside onto the high NW Durham moors; my 3 kids all went to the local Comp and have just found this  (though the standard of English doesn't seem to have improved over the years).

Eight year old grandson in Heaton was lured out of bed to get to school in Byker extra early for football practice last week. Getting there just after half seven he said 'What's the maths teacher doing here?'  It turned out to be remedial 'Football and Numeracy' :jester:  Who says teachers are all dunderheads?

dhig

After that stupendous sequence of comparative fencing posts, mebbe you deserve an OT post   :nono:  (or two)

dhig

Ah !..dh, Moorings; to you and your weekly,posting,..................  of................. "Hark i tectural hint's, for the unread".

That, decree  corse, you took, in  crocheting , northern feather eiderdowns', for the rich and famous,should, come in handy ,...............looking @

the  long range forecast for the north this year.

Receiving, your accolade, akin to lemonade, is most welcome, I now feel I must be getting something right...........

.the next subject, "Drain Covers'", has been submitted to the local,

Tate & Lyle Art Gallery in Margate, In full life size.

.................... :scratchhead: ......................... :jester:

Edited by David Todd