If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

North East Model Railway

dougattrenholmebar

Hello,
My name is Doug Wilson from North Yorkshire. I look forward to participating in this forum.
I have some links below which are about my model railway which is a re-creation of a main line railway in the North East of England in 1962. The vidoes are mostly filmed on board the trains.
First, there are over 130 videos on my youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/dougattrenholmebar
Second, the blog has articles which describe the building of the layout and answers questions arising from the Youtube videos
http://dougattrenholmebar.blogspot.co.uk/
Last, my facebook page has additional information and links and has monochrome versions of some of the videos.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-East-Model-Railway/693341277346269

Very happy to answer any questions.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Doug and welcome,

That's quite some set up there?

I followed the the link to vtube and watched "DMU Passenger 1". Excellent, I really enjoyed the ride!

It was smooth with quite a depth of field.

Thanks for sharing.

Kev.

Looks very impressive, 12 coach trains.  I know i am a bit of a Luddite but is there any chance of getting some stills.  I have a tough time getting an overall impression of the layout from the videos

The idea of this layout is, the videos show what a working railway looked like through the eyes of a nine year old. I don't normally issue 'helicopter view' shots in video or stills because a nine year old in the 1960's would not have seen it from this perspective. Thanks for your comments. 

hi doug just had a look at a few of your videos and well what can i say other than absolutly amazing layout and videos. I am so envious of the space you have there i unfortunatly cannot set up anything that yet because i fear we may have to move in a few years so when we do i go big! but untill then 8`x 4` will have to do.

are you running dc or dcc out of interest

regards drew

hi doug just had a look at a few of your videos and well what can i say other than absolutly amazing layout and videos. I am so envious of the space you have there i unfortunatly cannot set up anything that yet because i fear we may have to move in a few years so when we do i go big! but untill then 8`x 4` will have to do.

are you running dc or dcc out of interest

regards drew

Drew,

Thanks for your comments, the layout runs on DCC

Kind regards

Doug W.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea of this layout is, the videos show what a working railway looked like through the eyes of a nine year old. I don't normally issue 'helicopter view' shots in video or stills because a nine year old in the 1960's would not have seen it from this perspective. Thanks for your comments. 

Interesting perspective, if you pardon the pun!  Like bands not releasing singles or doing encores!

Archived