Cabside and other details

Barry M

I'm starting to acquire a few 94XX Pannier Tanks for my Bromsgrove layout. Probably all will need re numbering and repainting. I took the attached picture of the cab side of a recently acquired Farish 94XX - please can someone clarify the red 'C' above the running number? I will need to order transfers/decals.....is it denoting a weight restriction? Or Power classification or such like?

Also, was the shed number shown on the cab side at all?

Any other information on detailing would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Barry

post-19583-0-56535700-1378757987_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Have you got the Railway Roundabout 1958 DVD? There's about 10 minutes of Lickey on that. Fantastic mix of locos and stock. When it was filmed 5226 was being tried on the bank and there was a mix of Jintys and 94xx. Coaching stock on Class 1 trains varied from LMS Period 1 to Portholes, Gresley, Thompson and Mk1s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Rex Christiansen's book 'Railway Roundabout' http://www.amazon.co.uk/Railway-Roundabout-Rex-Christiansen/dp/0711024561/ref=sr_1_17?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1379715323&sr=1-17&keywords=rex+Christiansen has a few pictures taken on 20th April 1957. These include the Bachmann's 3F 0-6-0 43762 on  shed at Bromsgrove with a 21C shedplate and 8406 banking with a Jinty.

Archived