Viewing RMweb on a Samsung Galaxy SIII

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I've recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy SIII and went straight to RMweb to have a look as I thought it would look good on the big screen; unfortunately it comes up as a list of headings down the left side of the page and a blank blue space on the right; There is a banner advert across the top, but nowhere I can access my content or status updates etc.  It also said there was a problem logging me in but then said Hello, Grafarman at the top!  When I click on a heading it then takes me another list of headings and no content...

The browser tells me this is the 'mobile view' but if I switch to 'normal view' everything is tiny and I have to zoom to macro levels to access anything which makes it very blurry.

Am I missing something obvious in either my phone settings or on the site?  Other sites like BBC come up with their 'mobile view' tailored for the screen but this isn't happening with RMweb...

Info/correction very welcome!

David

It sounds like it's defaulted to the mobile scheme which shows less information (but the banner ad causes issues (you can zoom in more if you wish). Click on the icon at top right of the top blue bar to access status updates, new content etc.

You can switch to the Full Version of RMweb at the bottom of the screen but you'll find yourself scrolling around a lot more.

• RMweb Premium

It sounds like it's defaulted to the mobile scheme which shows less information (but the banner ad causes issues (you can zoom in more if you wish). Click on the icon at top right of the top blue bar to access status updates, new content etc.<br /><br />You can switch to the Full Version of RMweb at the bottom of the screen but you'll find yourself scrolling around a lot more.

Ok thank you for that; I'll have to have a play around until I find an optimum setting.  Is there any way I can disable the banner ad to free up the page?

David

• RMweb Premium

i've had a samsung galaxy europa and currently have a galaxy ace - on both of these i get the 'mobile' version of the site but the pages automatically 'zoom' in so that the large empty area to the right is still there, just not on the screen. on clicking into other pages, the text etc. fills the screen and resizes as necessary.

however, i recently tried a galaxy ace 2 and it did what the OP mentioned - you get the mobile site but the pages do not automatically resize themselves to fit the screen, hence you have to zoom in yourself - i'm sure i've seen this mentioned in a review of another of the newer galaxy phones, the gist was it might be one of those useful features that for some reason hasn't been carried over to the newer models

• RMweb Gold

How a web site displays is very much down to the browser you use to view it in. You could try installing Firefox and using that, it seems to work well for me on a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone - better than the standard bundled browser.

• RMweb Premium

How a web site displays is very much down to the browser you use to view it in. You could try installing Firefox and using that, it seems to work well for me on a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone - better than the standard bundled browser.

I loaded Firefox for mobile last nght and it's a remarkable improvement thank you for the tip!

• 1 year later...

I am also viewing on a Samsung mobile, and although I would previously be taken to the latest (most recent) page of any topic or thread I clicked on, I now find that I am taken to the first page, with no easy option to jump to the latest page. Any advice?

Archived