Totters Lane Yard

BigBountyHunter

Hi guys, I guess its high time i shared with you what i am working on, As space is at a minimum I have opted for 3' x 1' board made of 4mm ply top and 12mm ply formers its light and easy to move about. As i have a love affair with micro layouts lack of space doesnt really phase me, so for a quick fix i am building the usual "inglenook" arrangement using Peco code 100 track with electrofrogs for smoother running of short wheel based locos. i have also opted for the standard Peco uncoupling ramps mainly for ease of use and i had a load laying around.

I am trying to keep the cost to a minimum and so far the layout has cost me just £16, as im a cabinet maker by trade, wood comes easy, everything else is salvaged or from the spares boxes... ( i dont throw anything away!) 

I have named it Totters Lane because thats where my favorite tv show started ( Doctor Who) so its totally fictional, My main era of interest is BR Blue 70's to mid 80's, but i want to be able to run some small tank engines on there too, so by the adding and removal of appropriate road vehicles everything else should span the 60's through to mid to late 80's if that makes sense.

At the moment im just starting the task of ballasting which if im honest i hate doing, but im going to take my time and do it in sections so as not to get bored of it.

The trains made up of three or four wagons will enter under an archway into the small yard being propelled i can then shunt around and drag wagons away onto 2'x 100mm "fiddle stick" 

I havent got many photos yet but here are a few.

I hope you like it, even though its been done alot of time before! post-20205-0-08910300-1379187427_thumb.jpgpost-20205-0-56660400-1379187468_thumb.jpgpost-20205-0-98589200-1379187526_thumb.jpgpost-20205-0-53365800-1379187582_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived