Something for the Winter...

GWR-Fanatic

So it may only be September, but my thoughts have strayed towards the coming months, yes, it's going to get colder, the nights are going to get longer, and I need a distraction. Ok so I could sit at my pc most nights (like I do anyway :worried: :confused1: :scowl: ) and browse the net, but I could also put my mind to more active and honest toil.

A few weeks ago, I had been lucky enough to exhibit with fellow forum member GrahamB at the International N Gauge Show at Leamington Spa, with his own layout Southbridge. Whilst there I took the opportunity to purchase two kits from the N Gauge Society Stand, namely kit numbers 2 (Goods Mink "C" Van) and 10 (Meat Vans, Mica's A/B). Of course being a GWR enthusiast it couldn't be anything else, because they would help to complete my mixed freight running plan which consists of GWR stock and Welsh private ownership wagons.

More recently I had a clear out of boxes and containers, and came across a further two trucks, and although they are from the BR eras, with my layout being a preserved railway (albeit fictional), they would therefore not look too out of place with the mixture of stock and locomotives.

I have a few other exhibitions on the list in the coming weeks, so if I can I will be looking for more kits, because it may be opportunity to expand my stock which is literally all RTR, so it seems a bit samey at the moment. So that will hopefully be my plan for the winter, kits, kits and kits, though rolling stock only, I don't feel confident enough at the moment to build locomotives, possibly coaching stock, but not locomotives.

Any how here are the kits I'm planning to work on:

9857608244_980633df67_b.jpg
IMG_0456 (1024x576) by GWR_Fanatic, on Flickr

9857648006_7ef7c047fa_b.jpg
IMG_0454 (1024x576) by GWR_Fanatic, on Flickr

9857707293_e6e7073670_b.jpg
IMG_0452 (1024x576) by GWR_Fanatic, on Flickr

9857609034_695a5f4b14_b.jpg
IMG_0449 (1024x576) by GWR_Fanatic, on Flickr

• RMweb Premium

The mink c builds up into a nice wagon. I didn't use the peco chassis on mine however but got hold of the 2mm fs version, it's far less chunky. There is a conversion kit for the grampus to back date it to the gwr p19 wagon.

The mink c builds up into a nice wagon. I didn't use the peco chassis on mine however but got hold of the 2mm fs version, it's far less chunky. There is a conversion kit for the grampus to back date it to the gwr p19 wagon.

Interesting, I shall have to look into these, thanks for the suggestion regarding the Grampus, I'll definitely look into that, as I am attempting  stick with GWR as stock. :)

Also remembered that I picked up for three quid at the International N Gauge Show, this Routemaster Bus model, I'm open to suggestions for colour schemes, as I already have a red one by Oxford Diecast on my current layout.

9899542166_23fff1776d_b.jpg
IMG_0460 (1024x576) by GWR_Fanatic, on Flickr

9899505135_9fc3911640_b.jpg
IMG_0457 (1024x576) by GWR_Fanatic, on Flickr

Archived