Great British Train Show: May 3/4, 2014 - Brampton, Ontario, Canada

OnTheBranchline

• RMweb Premium

The date is a weekend later than before but it means that the ice will have been out for a week and a half and the floor will be that much warmer.

May 3&4 2014

Jim Archdekin Rec Centre, 292 Conestoga Dr.  Brampton, Ont.

Saturday 10:00-5:00 Sunday 10:00-4:00

Adults $10, Children $5, Family of 4 $20.

http://www.theplatelayers.org/gbts2014/2014flyer.html

I claim it as the biggest and best all-British train show in North America.

• RMweb Premium

The date is a weekend later than before but it means that the ice will have been out for a week and a half and the floor will be that much warmer.

May 3&4 2014

Jim Archdekin Rec Centre, 292 Conestoga Dr.  Brampton, Ont.

Saturday 10:00-5:00 Sundat 10:00-4:00

Adults $10, Children $5, Familt of 4 $20.

http://www.theplatelayers.org/gbts2014/2014flyer.html

I claim it as the biggest and best all-British train show in North America.

Can we have a food stand inside the arena this year please?

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

The show manager says that the arena's food concession is no longer operating. We are looking into alternatives.

Apparently, they also got rid of the coffee urns that we used to use.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I got the "final" floor plan and list today.

It lists 29 vendors and 24 exhibitors and layouts.  I think there are 20 layouts, just based on the size of space. I think there are 2 demonstrators, one of them me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

If you get a time, I'll be at my card kits demo table.  Drop by, anyways, and say hi.

A couple of other members will be at their layouts

• RMweb Premium

I'll be there shopping and photographing, i think I've missed the last two shows, it's been at least 2008 since i made it to the show.

So how have you managed to do any modelling?

So how have you managed to do any modelling?

On the British side of my modelling activities, mostly a few kits i picked up on trips to the UK in 2008, 2009 and 2011.  Most of what I've been working on in the past few years has been North American outline stuff in relation to the Toronto Railway Museum, but i have a couple of long backburnered UK projects that are finally nearing the forefront as things I'd like to actually do!

I came up from Allentown, PA, for the last three shows and will be there for both days this year with my layout, 'Angloshire.' Would be great to meet other modelers who are on this forum. I won't be able to get away from my layout very much, so feel free to stop and say hi.

Thom

will be dismantling and packing Thursday ready for an early start Friday,have had to move 6 cars to be ready to move the layout down,dont think Emily will be up an running, will see you all friday

British trains in a hockey rink... how much more of a mashup could you ask for!?  One very British, the other as Canadian as you can get!

It also combines two of my favorite things.. trains and hockey... the only things missing are computers and beer!

Funny back  in the fiftees in uk  favorite sport ice  hockey ,whitley warriors [whitley bay].an hobby model trains.nowts changed,.sorry brown ale aint brewed in Newcastle anymore shame.

Archived