Great British Train Show: May 3/4, 2014 - Brampton, Ontario, Canada

OnTheBranchline

Model Railway Imports will be there once again with Elvera and our full compliment of helpers most of whom are forumites.

We have just finished packing the van and we will have 7 full tables of 100% British model trains!

Thanks for the offer of help with unloading and setting up OTB :-)

We look forward to meeting all our old* friends again, some of whom we have not seen since the last GBTS.

*As in long time, not age!

Steve

My congratulations to the organizers.  I was there on Saturday and I think it was the best show i have been to in NA.  There were a good number of layouts and the modelling on these layouts was to a high standard and there was a good number  of vendors  Also, I managed to put faces to a number of people I have "met" on the forum, which was rather nice.  

• RMweb Premium

Yes indeed, congratulations and thank you to organizers. I went both days. My high spot today was actually seeing Dante's LNER Garratt running, and it looked an ran beautifully.  I was disloyal to my LNER focus and got one of the Heljan Garrat's and I it runs extremely well.  Some say the finish looks slightly plasticy but it looks pretty good to me, i got the lightly weathered one.

I had a great weekend and it was great meeting some of you on here. Thanx for stopping by and saying hi. I wanted to see your BG, Dante, but wasn't realy able to wander around. I saw the Heljan one on the layout next to mine but didn't get to see it up close. I think I will get one of the later weathered ones when I can save some money.

Thom

good show ,great to meet old friends and make new ones,.Thom your layout  looked good  the viaduct  was impressive ,good work.I bought another live steam A4 amongst other things ..

My son and I spent most of Saturday there plus a couple hours on Sunday. We thoroughly enjoyed it, especially helping operate at Upper Leaside! I think it was one of the best GBTS's and I was so impressed by the quality and detail of the layouts. I wish I could have spent more time studying the layouts and talking to more people, but -- when I'm at shows with my son -- I have to compromise a bit!

sjgardiner was also taking pictures on Saturday. He said he'd post them.

Adrian

I was, and i will, if i ever get home to go through them.  Between a family health emergency Sunday and returning to work Monday after two weeks off for my wedding (and discovering my office in crisis mode), i may yet get home to go through and post them.  Fingers crossed for tonight if i can manage to leave the office by 7pm and not have to work at home like last night!

Stephen

Well, what a crummy week at the office, after four 12 hour plus days as my reward for taking two weeks off to get married, i finally got a normalish day at the office, where i am leaving shortly for a normal 5pm departure, but was finally able to find time to upload pictures from GBTS last weekend!  I haven't got descriptions or proper layout names on everything, as my notes are at home, but i wanted to post the pictures for people to see!!

Link to my Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/archives/date-taken/2014/05/03/

Overview of the show:

13960526868_09f171cb8f_b.jpg

Have a great weekend all!!  Thom, send me a PM and i will set something up with pictures for you, i may have a few others of your layout as well.

Stephen

• RMweb Premium

Hey, there's even a picture or two of my back, behind the TriAng layout.

Stephen: would you be willing to share them with the Platelayers web site?

Hey, there's even a picture or two of my back, behind the TriAng layout.

Stephen: would you be willing to share them with the Platelayers web site?

Hi David,

Yes, we can do that.  I will send you a PM with a link where you can download them easier than by going through my Flickr.

Stephen

Great pictures Stephen.

The second one of Bridge Street has me in it - the long-haired one, describing something...

The S160 is dante's

The overview of Bridge Street has dante's back on the right and me at the left end of the fiddle yard.

Adrian

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the pictures Stephen.

We were so busy all weekend I only had time for a couple of quick walkabouts so being able to see the details I missed in your photos is really appreciated.

It was definitely a good show for us and all the comments I heard from visitors were very positive.

Here is a photo of our hard working team...

post-9373-0-13681300-1401150401_thumb.jpg

Steve

Model Railway Imports

Archived