Piko G Gauge Track and Curved Points

Appologees if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum:

All my G gauge track so far is LGB and i've been quite happy with it, but i've been eyeing up some Piko bits recently, specifically their 'radius 3' curves, 'radius 5' points, and curved points. i've done a little research, for those that don't know their radius numbers don't really match LGB's (Piko's 5 is LGB's 3) but it's tough to find any extensive first-hand reviews, especially of the curved points.

What i'm mostly after, is how does Piko's Radius 3 compare to LGB's Radius 2 spacing wise? And a plan i have in mind would ideally need a couple of Piko's curved points, but it's a lot of money to spend on a product if it doesn't turn out to be as good as the LGB components i have so far and can't find a decent picture showing the geometry of the Piko curved point and how it adds in to the rest of the track system. If that makes sense!

Thanks in advance,

• RMweb Gold

Apart form the details on the Piko website I can't help much on geometry. Only one thing to be aware of, the points are known for the wiring across the frog / crossing failing with the higher output 10-12Amp digital systems as the wiring is a little lightweight for that sort of current. Easy to fix but something to be taken into account and beef up before laying the track if you're using a high output dcc system.

Archived