Hornby Class 60 Cab modules - Part # for sound versions ?

hello all

it has been well documented on the forum that the wiring for Hornby sound and non-sound versions of particular classes is different.

One solution is to swap the cabs over between versions.

However for a Class 60 it is not clear on the part numbers for the cab modules for sound versions. The service sheet does not seem to list these

http://www.hornbyrepairs.com/pdf/ss-286d-class-60-407.pdf

Also any idea as to why you need (1) front and back cab modules [driver figure?] and (2) more than one set of cab modules for non-sound versions (see service sheet link) and finally  (3) a modified cab module (serial number X9406M) ?

many thanks
dave

afaik, I dont have one - the sound fitted Class 60 uses the same cab interior module front and back - the x9406M

the service sheet is hss-340-class-60-sound-loco-453.pdf

as a side note can someone elaborate what the differences are with the other three pairs of cab units, is it just livery differences?

edit: from my notes

X9406 Class 60 cab interior with front lights R2488 EWS
X9407 Class 60 cab interior with front lights R2489 Loadhaul
X9408 Class 60 cab interior with front lights R2490 Mainline
X9409 Class 60 cab interior with rear lights R2488 EWS
X9410 Class 60 cab interior with rear lights R2489 Loadhaul
X9411 Class 60 cab interior with rear lights R2490 Mainline

indeed, like most of the locos this is a relatively simple job, it's just an issue of space vs optimal sound quality and what you have to do to get it.

i think the lesson here is possibly just that, if you can just fit a sound chip to your existing loco, do it ! and don't fiddle around swapping chassis and bodies - it ain't worf it !

even Bachmann has some similar issues as i found out to my cost - that not all Class 37 bodies will fit on any chassis they make

thanks

Dave

indeed, like most of the locos this is a relatively simple job, it's just an issue of space vs optimal sound quality and what you have to do to get it.

i think the lesson here is possibly just that, if you can just fit a sound chip to your existing loco, do it ! and don't fiddle around swapping chassis and bodies - it ain't worf it !

even Bachmann has some similar issues as i found out to my cost - that not all Class 37 bodies will fit on any chassis they make

thanks

Dave

Yer agree with you there Dave...

Archived