peterborough small scale club (oo and below)

Adamphillip

seeing as peterborough and district MRC have almost no interest in anything smaller than oo I thought that there should be a group in peterborough that is more active on the exhibition circuit than P&DMRC and caters for smaller scales, although I don't have anywhere for a club room if the group is small we could meet at different peoples houses to help with their models and also talk about relevant "stuff".

Adam - I used to live in Peterborough and can see your point. However, have you considered joining the superb Market Deeping club? It might be a bit of a slog but people go there from miles around because of the quality and they certainly cater for most gauges. You will discover that finding cheap premises in P'boro, if you managed to get a local club going, almost impossible these days, so you would probably have to go some way out of town anyway.

Good luck!

Mike

Adam - I used to live in Peterborough and can see your point. However, have you considered joining the superb Market Deeping club? It might be a bit of a slog but people go there from miles around because of the quality and they certainly cater for most gauges. You will discover that finding cheap premises in P'boro, if you managed to get a local club going, almost impossible these days, so you would probably have to go some way out of town anyway.

Good luck!

Mike

I've had problems getting to and from market deeping

• 2 months later...

However, have you considered joining the superb Market Deeping club?

Mike thank you for those kinds words and recommendation.

Adam

The Market Deeping part of the club name is a bit of a misnomer it should perhaps be the Between Market Deeping and Bourne MRC but that's a bit of a mouthful! We are always open to new members and started a new N Gauge layout only last November which is due for exhibition in May - no pressure then! More details on their web site .

Brian Norris (Vice Chairman of MDMRC)

Edit- web site address change

Mike thank you for those kinds words and recommendation.

Adam

The Market Deeping part of the club name is a bit of a misnomer it should perhaps be the Between Market Deeping and Bourne MRC but that's a bit of a mouthful! We are always open to new members and started a new N Gauge layout only last November which is due for exhibition in May - no pressure then! More details on their web site .

Brian Norris (Vice Chairman of MDMRC)

I have been up to you several times last time on my motorbike

Archived