Source of slate effect card/plastic for roofing please

Stringfingerling

I have a lot of buildings to make for my Welsh 7mm layout, and I would like to track down a good source of convincing embossed slate roofing, either plastic or card.  Can anyone recommend something please?  Photos would be appreciated.  

I know you can do individual slates from paper, but it doesn't always look right to me, as well as taking huge amounts of time.

Thanks 

Rob

Here is the roof of my scratchbult 7mm scale GWR signal box. The slates are made from strips of 80gm paper. I created and printed a grid on the computer to use as a cutting guide. The cost of producing these slates was  effectively nothing. I think I need to tone down that water stain.

post-13142-0-42886300-1381870745_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-51368600-1381870747_thumb.jpg

Very  nice! Are the vertical divisions between the slates scribed in?

Here is the roof of my scratchbult 7mm scale GWR signal box. The slates are made from strips of 80gm paper. I created and printed a grid on the computer to use as a cutting guide. The cost of producing these slates was  effectively nothing. I think I need to tone down that water stain.

• 3 years later...

I had a similar dilemma recently. Eventually I settled on 10 thou plasticard cut into strips by my Silhouette portrait cutter. I cut very small vertical gaps between the tiles but I only cut half way through the tile strips so I could overlap them when I glued them on to the roof.

Here's a poorly lit shot of the roof waiting to go on the station building.

post-3184-0-90072400-1489953902_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived