Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Weathering crimson

• RMweb Gold

Sorry if this is a question often asked but hear goes I have built my first LNWR coach with other to do. And will be run in British railways day so close to withdraw and am after the faded look any ideas on this would be most welcome. I had thought of using gray primer I was thinking this would take some of the richness of the crimson away, but after that am a bit lost. They crimson with be from a spray can as I have them to hand already.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for your help I have another question then can this be done by brush or does it have to be done by air brush and ether way what's the best varnish and paint combination. I do have a air brush it's just been packed up for a house move

• RMweb Premium

Sorry if this is a question often asked but hear goes I have built my first LNWR coach with other to do. And will be run in British railways day so close to withdraw and am after the faded look any ideas on this would be most welcome. I had thought of using gray primer I was thinking this would take some of the richness of the crimson away, but after that am a bit lost. They crimson with be from a spray can as I have them to hand already.

I take it that you know that Phoenix Precision do a faded crimson - though I don't know if they do spray cans in that colour?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Archived