YORKTON                                            OO GAUGE DCC SOUND                                               Saturday 1970 – 1980

Sunday 1985- 1995

The layout size is 16ft x 3 ft with a viewing area of 11ft x 3ft.  The layout has 2 sets of rolling stock which allows different stock on each day

Yorkton is a fictitious location set in the Midlands which represents the BR blue and sectorisation  period.  The location is based on a medium sized station with a depot and fuelling point set in a small town with busy passenger and freight services to keep interest.   

The locomotives are from the major manufacturers (Bachmann, Hornby and Heljan), Classes 03 – 60 while the odd DMU can also be seen.  There is also the chance to see a rare visitor to the non electrified line, a Class 85.   

The rolling stock is also from the major manufacturers with MK1 and MK2 coaching stock, the freight that can be seen on the layout varies from diesel fuel, steel, coal, newspapers and Derby Technical Research Trains, plus many more.

All the scenery and buildings are all off the shelf items from Bachmann, Hornby, Metcalfe Models and Woodland Scenics.

The fiddle yard can hold approximately twelve trains so there is plenty of variety to keep your interest.

Andrew Stewart

The layout has appeared at a few exhibitions

burnley - 2012

padiham - 2012

skipton - won best in show 2013

it has also been to my local model shop JDM models in settle

here is a video taken on the layouts very first outing it was a dcc demonstration day at jdm models using the Hornby elite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpEMWyEIFHI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick update. Haven't had much time for yorkton recently been doing a lot on chestnut road, had a running session this morning just to check everything works ok before the first exhibition in 2 weeks at settle. Hopefully I'll get some pictures this week as I've got the 1990's stock on at the moment and I have just got my coal sector 60 back from repaints and weathering thanks to cairns road works for the good job

Andrew

60029 waits at signal

post-16685-0-44538900-1394394182_thumb.jpg

another view of 60029

post-16685-0-51307000-1394394310_thumb.jpg

locos at rest

post-16685-0-86113500-1394394205_thumb.jpg

more locos resting

post-16685-0-31457700-1394394231_thumb.jpg

shunter at work on polybulks

post-16685-0-77858800-1394394262_thumb.jpg

a shot of 60066 in the fiddle yard

post-16685-0-52436200-1394394289_thumb.jpg

Ill try and get some more shots next week at scout rail settle

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A quick update on the layout.  The layout is going through some changes I am changing the layout from end to end in to round round using the fiddle yard of my other layout Chestnut road. The extra boards are done and the track is down ready for the scenery to be started, the first outing for the new style is Kendal model railway exhibition at the end of January, I'll post some pictures over the next few weeks.

Andrew

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Revised description

YORKTON OO GAUGE DCC SOUND PERIOD 1975- 1995

The layout size is 16ft x 9ft with a viewing area of 16ft x 3ft. The layout has 2 sets of rolling stock which allows different stock on each day

Yorkton is a fictitious location set in the Midlands which represents the BR blue and sectorisation period. The location is based on a medium sized station with a depot and fuelling point set in a small town with busy passenger and freight services to keep interest.

The locomotives are from the major manufacturers (Bachmann, Hornby and Heljan), Classes 03 – 60 while the odd DMU can also be seen. There is also the chance to see a rare visitor to the non electrified line, a Class 85.

The rolling stock is also from the major manufacturers with MK1, MK2 and MK3 coaching stock, the freight that can be seen on the layout varies from diesel fuel, steel, coal, newspapers and Derby Technical Research Trains, plus many more.

All the scenery and buildings are all off the shelf items from Bachmann, Hornby, Metcalfe Models and Woodland Scenics.

The fiddle yard can hold approximately 17 trains so there is plenty of variety to keep your interest.

Andrew Stewart

Archived