my response to a mixed message photo in my local paper (Rail Safety)

dana

After publishing a article on improving rail safety in White Rock BC between the city and BNSF  the paper publishes a photo of a man taking a picture of an oncoming train and is in the middle of the track kneeling down  to take a photo .  the train is pretty close in my opinion and to me this was sending a wrong message to the public so i wrote a letter stating that by publishing this photo on the front page they were sending mixed messages to the public   here's a scan of my letter and "quote of note" published in the paper today 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/54865-railsafety-letter/

I hope I sent the right message  becuase it got a half section in the paper's letters to editor .

This was 1957!

The days before the Nanny State and H&S - when people were held responsible for their own stupidity, and didn't rely non Ambulance-chasers to start vexatious litigation for their inattention and lack of common sense. The herd was thinned by natural selection and Darwinism.

• RMweb Gold

when people were held responsible for their own stupidity

Which is well and good unless you're the driver of the train bearing down on 'a person held responsible for his own stupidity' stood in the 4 foot with his head in a camera.

Ask me how I know....scary.

Archived