Woolleysh33p

Hello!

Well, as I have been a member for a few months now, I have decided I should share my trip into the deep; constructing Hamfordshire.

So, what to run?

Well, mainly end of steam to green diesels, but with a few differences; Rtc set from the late Modelzone and blue bullman.

The basic plan is based on vale of oxbury, but with some difference.

Rolling stock will be self weathered.

So, I have the baseboard set up; 8ft long by 3ft wide.

Now, admittedly I have tried a layout before, but wiring was never finished and there is only a bit of paint and grass where I was bored on a hot day.

The track.

The track will be purchased at Warley, but I know what I need; code 55. To fund this, I am selling modern image loco's and wagons on eBay, which I will eventually post a link. I have taken the bold decision to practice on my class 66 and EWS wagons. I have weathered before in oo gauge, which was done by powders, but my weathering will be done by railmatch. The track will also be weathered.

So, when I get the time, I will upload an image of my design.

Stay tuned folks!

Ok all. Update #1

I have decided I want to include a branch line. Therefore, I have a double mainline and branch.

I also wish to have heavy freight movements, so if anyone knows where you can get cheap mineral wagons or the peco kit versions, help would be great.

I am also a volunteer at the transport museum wythall, and I wish to incorporate midland red and birmingham corp in the layout. This means I will be kit building buses and also reprinting farish ones.

I also believe I have a 3ft 5 wide baseboard aswell, which means the track will now be about half a foot away from the edge.

Weathering will also begin on tuesday or Wednesday, as I need to order railmatch frame dirt.

Thanks

Hello.

Today, I have decided the layout will include the following:

A double platform, with a holiday coach at one end

A raised track - roughly 10cm high.

A dairy

A branch line with a storage siding

A 'banker's siding'

A runaround for the branchlike.

Stay tuned for more, and a drawing soon!

Quick update

Designing is still going on, and hopefully we will have a photo by Monday. I have been looking at weathering, and I need some more paints. Also,

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I NEED TO CLEAN AN AIRBRUSH!!?!?!?!?!?!

Hopefully I will have my first weathered items before Xmas (realistic goal)

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Hello woolleysh33p,

I have always used Badger Sprayaway airbrush cleaner.  It can be hard to get hold of and is not cheap but it does the job.  I also use thinners.  Often, I spend as long on cleaning between colours as on spraying the actual colour; it's really important.  But then again, my Badger 200 is still the only airbrush I own and still works perfectly after more than 15 years.

I also tend to spray with enamels, as I find acrylics dry too quickly and can clog.  However, I am sure there are techniques for spraying with acrylics and some get excellent results with them.

cheers

Ben A.

Archived