Hi Alex,

with all the loose linkage I omitted to congratulate you on your recent set of photos. Excellent! Can't have too many, and I mean that. Once(if) a layout reaches a stage where it breathes the life of the prototype, then it can be photographed indefinitely, from all distances and angles, with all combinations of stock, and/or road vehicles. It's an echo of time and place and can only be improved by the finest of detail, ie: Gravett!

I told you I bought the Part One Trees (broadleaf - I'm not too interested in the conifers just now) and the Grassland. Between the two, a person could spend forever fine-tuning even the best of layouts.

Hal.

Can't seem to be able to get a link that works correctly with "Ten Commandments"

So, we're do it the manual way!

go to there website http://www.cast-in-stone.co.uk/

select the 10th commandment (Continue)

Select catalogue on the left

Select OO scale on left

select Scenic items icon

go down to 

MIDLAND RAILWAY LINESIDE SIGNS blank.jpg Code: L146 Description: Roger Smith's Line 03. Sheet of printed railway signs such as 'BEWARE OF TRAINS''SHUT AND FASTEN GATE' and an assortment of notices and warnings. Lots of signsper sheet. Easy to apply. No. required:  @ £2.50 ea

Others are there as well!!

Edited by Shadow

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Evening Alex,

Was waiting for this!  

Bet you can't believe it?  Such a brilliant model.  Mine is in Northamptonshire awaiting collection.  Will need a Westinghouse pump and sheet rail adding to the tender.

A really beautiful model and like you you part of the missing link for the Kettering-Cambridge line.  

Just need Bachmann to come up trumps with a BR Std 78000 now!

Looking forwards to further shots as well.

Cheers,

Mark

I haven't studied it in detail yet. I'm thinking real coal in the tender, a crew, and some light weathering to give a "used" look. There's some nice colour pictures in Peter Swinger's "On Great Eastern Lines".

It runs well, straight out of the box. Haven't had a chance to see what it will pull yet.

They don't all have the Westinghouse pump.

Alex

• RMweb Gold

I haven't studied it in detail yet. I'm thinking real coal in the tender, a crew, and some light weathering to give a "used" look. There's some nice colour pictures in Peter Swinger's "On Great Eastern Lines".

It runs well, straight out of the box. Haven't had a chance to see what it will pull yet.

They don't all have the Westinghouse pump.

Alex

Looking at some shots of 65442/65474 on shed at Huntingdon in the Sawford book no Westinghouse pumps.  Sheet rail on tender of 65442 so should be fairly easy.

Cheers,

Mark

Just been studying my Hornby J15. Two things occur to me:

1) It's so nice, should I have got 2?

2) In the spirit of never being satisfied with what we've got, should we now campaign for a J17?

Alex

It seems I'm bucking the trend for buying kits and then the loco is released R-T-R before the kit is built. As you can see here I've got my Gibson J15 complete well before the Hornby one was released, and as you can see below, I've got my J17 complete except for finishing the weathering, coal and crew. Bring it on Hornby, you can't upset me! :-)

post-5925-0-44400200-1424339749_thumb.jpg

post-5925-0-38932900-1424339758_thumb.jpg

post-5925-0-29774300-1424339759_thumb.jpg

post-5925-0-15838100-1424339760_thumb.jpg

post-5925-0-84327800-1424339760_thumb.jpg

Oh, and Hornby, I've also completed my E4 and I'm 1/3rd way through building my J19, so don't think you can upset my by sneekily introducing those loco's, I'm ahead of your game!  :nono:

Phil

• Like 10

You could also use a J20 (Hornby, I haven't bought the kit yet - now's your chance! :-) ) and, of course, there are the F tanks, along with the Buckjumpers. Hornby have loads of choice that I haven't yet bought kits for, but I get this funny feeling they won't consult me when they're deciding what locos to produce next!

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I've a feeling from a practical point of view Hornby have the basic components for an E4 2-4-0 with the tender and boiler.

It's a lovely class of engine and would be my favourite.

Bit like Alex.  I've a feeling one J15 isn't enough! ;)

Cheers,

Mark

Be good to see the J15 on your timber bridge Alex! Subtle hint!