RMweb

Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

Dave,

Loking back over the thread I think it would be good to have a few photos again which show the overall layout, you posted some early on but since then there has been a lot of work completed (unless I have missed a post somewhere of course)

Dave,

Thanks very much looks excellent and puts all the various bits into perspective how long until you are running trains?

Thanks Gary. Just the OHLE into the station and the lights in the station canopy to do before the first train. Hopefully the first train should be about 2 weeks away. :sungum:

Dave

• Like 1

As requested, two pics that show the whole thing (and not my overalls :sungum: ); camera at one end looking West then camera at other end looking East. Also the first OHLE mast on the lines going into Sturford Station to be planted.

Dave

Superb pictures of the layout, some great detail a real inspiration! Keep up the good work.

Phil

Many thanks Lewis. Just done a little bit more tonight with the advancing P-way. Quite a junction of turnouts on this side of the layout and being the long straight, its the fastest part too. The long handbuilt cross-over is based on CV9.25 turnouts. Suppose I should have had a Kirow crane to install it, but the big hand in the sky had to do.Trying a bit of metal sleeper stuff too,for the first time. Meant I had to create some 'transition rail joiners' as the main track is code 100, the crossover code 83 and the steel sleeper track code 75. But it seemed to go together eventually. Just got to install the Cobalts now, which I put off until tomorrow. Not my favourite job.

Dave K

Great pictures I like the long crossing.

Do you use cork underlay or direct to wood?

Thanks phil

Thanks Phil & Terry. W.r.t. underlay,I use thin expanded polystyrene sheet, which is stuck to the wooden boards, then painted brown, before placing the track. It comes in rolls from Wickes , I think or B&Q.

The layour is 7.7m from  top to toe (25ft) Terry.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...