Nikon goes retro

Oldddudders

• RMweb Gold

Those who are old enough to remember film as well as digital media may also recall that SLRs in those days were heavier, and gave the impression of being built to last - as many of them have, of course. Nikon has just announced a new model that takes a lot of the 2013 digital features and puts them in a body that resembles its old FM model. Full-frame, 16.2 MP, real knobs for controls.

http://www.nikon.com/news/2013/1105_dslr_01.htm

This beastie is certainly provoking some debate...

Google "Nikon Df" and have a browse - strewth!!!  :O

It could be a winner mind with many.

As a long time Nikon user I must admit to liking the concept; but then I do own an FM2 so........  

All those auld lenses would certainly get used even more. I still use a D70 so one could say digitally image wise, I'm still driving a Morris Minor?

Ahem    :lol:

• RMweb Gold

It has the same sensor as Nikon's latest pro camera, the D4, while the focus etc modules are from lesser - but well-regarded - beasts further down the price ladder. It would look right with my battered 135 f/2 Ais on it.

...and I still have my Nikon F, with an array of lenses although no film, I might add !!

One is missing out mon...

AgfaPhoto APX 400/100 Professional and Rodinal/Rodinal special still has a buzz to it when I can find the time.... :rolleyes:

Archived