67 Ews business train unused not working.

Spannerman

I bought the Ews business train pack online when it first came out but have had no layout to run it on.

After a change of plans I sold it still unused on Fleebay only to be told by the buyer it isn't working. Obviously I have given a full refund, but what do I do now?

I don't think I still have the receipt and it must be 2years old.

Any suggestions

Nik

Hi Nik

Are you able to take the body off the class 67 and check the wiring?  I've had two Dapol class 67's where the solder joints left a lot to be desired and resulted in the wires snapping away from the circuit board when the body was taken off.  I cleaned off the old solder and re soldered the wires to the PCB.  Everything worked ok after that.

Cheers

Martin

People have been known to buy stuff on eBay, and then return it for a refund with a defunct loco they already had. That way, they swap a duff one for a working model at no cost to themselves.

If you are not confident about repairing it yourself, you could always try selling it on eBay as is - there will always be people with the skill to repair locos and these models are quite rare. I am almost tempted myself!

• RMweb Gold

People have been known to buy stuff on eBay, and then return it for a refund with a defunct loco they already had. That way, they swap a duff one for a working model at no cost to themselves.

i had that tried with me with a car stereo, unknown to the buyer i had secretly marked it!!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the suggestions all . Hopefully this buyer is genuine snd I'll get my item back. I will definitely have a look to see if it's something simple but if not will have to send it away.

Cheers

Nik

i sure hope you haven't sent the full refund before you got the item back!

• 2 weeks later...

After an anxious wait I have received a set back. My question is does the 67 loco come with the stainless steel brake discs fitted? I have 10 in the detail package but the loco which has been returned to me has a full set fitted and the windscreen is now rattling around inside (obviously this may be postal damage).

Needless to say I am very suspicious that my model has been swapped.

Does anyone know whether a complaint to ebay will achieve anything?

Unhappily

Nik

Archived