Whitecroft Lane (00 Gauge)

Pics as promised:

Back-scenes are Painted, they need a little modification to make them up to standard, but I think they're okay
post-20657-0-42388900-1387734656_thumb.jpg

The New signal box, wired with interior (I didn't make this):
post-20657-0-74743700-1387734660_thumb.jpg
post-20657-0-11695300-1387734799_thumb.jpg

I've also backdated the layout slightly. It used to be set in the late 60's E.g. 66-68. And now its set in the Early 60's e.g. 61-62. This is for: better accuracy with the models that run on the layout, it allows me to run my WD 2-8-0 on the layout, but it means the Class 33 can't run on the layout!
post-20657-0-72201100-1387734803_thumb.jpg

And STILL no replacement bogie has been found for my bro's (soon to become mine) Merchant Navy!
post-20657-0-72459900-1387734809_thumb.jpg

Super work mate with the Signal box! Wow! It sure has come a long since those last few pics! :locomotive: You'll have to make a night box for it, so you can make it dark at exhibition! :jester:

I would, only problem is the points aren't motorised! :jester:

Haha yes. I did a lot more work on my layout to finish it but just recently sold it after going to the Fleetwood Model railway exhibition to raise funds for my new layout. Nice to see more pictures of your layout- the magazine only included one picture but looked fantastic!

Gary

Gary! Gary Martin! :O Hello!
How's your entry now? Done any more work on it? :)

Matt

Haha yes. I did a lot more work on my layout to finish it but just recently sold it after going to the Fleetwood Model railway exhibition to raise funds for my new layout. Nice to see more pictures of your layout- the magazine only included one picture but looked fantastic!

Gary

Yeah, just seen it on the thread you made! However, I'm struggling to get over the fact you sold it! :O Yeah, the pic they included wasn't my favourite one to be honest! Thanks Gary! :)

Matt

Yeah, just seen it on the thread you made! However, I'm struggling to get over the fact you sold it! :O Yeah, the pic they included wasn't my favourite one to be honest! Thanks Gary! :)

Matt

It was a difficult decision for me to but i decided to start from fresh because there was things in Robins Lane i didn't like e.g. having Hornby's standard points, using OO gauge ballast and having no where to store my rolling stock that i had. Now i wish i would have made it more future proof but the school summer holidays don't last forever! 

Gary

It was a difficult decision for me to but i decided to start from fresh because there was things in Robins Lane i didn't like e.g. having Hornby's standard points, using OO gauge ballast and having no where to store my rolling stock that i had. Now i wish i would have made it more future proof but the school summer holidays don't last forever! 

Gary

I've got the same problems with mine! Standard Hornby Track as it was cheaper at the time, Wrong wood for baseboards as it was cheap, lack of storage space. It has crossed my mind to sell it, but the next layout will be built to look exactly like it (if there is one) as I like it too much!

Matt

I've got the same problems with mine! Standard Hornby Track as it was cheaper at the time, Wrong wood for baseboards as it was cheap, lack of storage space. It has crossed my mind to sell it, but the next layout will be built to look exactly like it (if there is one) as I like it too much!

Matt

Shame happen when constructing Compton Martin

Yep, I'm scrapping it! But keep that 6' x 1' space reserved for me mate at the exhibition! ;) Plans are underway!

Ok mate! looking forward to the plans! Hope you can get it operational for the planned day! As something tell me a few people that say they will be coming, will turn around a say no I can't last minute! :jester:  

Archived