RMweb

Transfers for Salmon wagons

Hello All.

I've bought a couple of Cambrian Salmon bogie wagon kits and I can't find any suitable transfers for them.  I want to do one in yellow livery (black lettering) and one in black livery (white lettering).  Although it is a 4mm scale kit, I wonder if I should use 2mm scale letters and numbers for the tops data panel, as the wagon sides are so shallow.

Any help appreciated.

Rick

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that.  I'm guessing these are for steam era if they are straw yellow?  

Rick

.... yes, in common with all of my range - though this livery persisted well into the diesel era.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi Rick,

I have recently got some Appleby Model Engineering transfers which have Salmon wagon markings. Their is enough for a few wagons and some are in black and some are white. Transfer sheet part number is 4T45.

I haven't used them yet but they look great.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

I have recently got some Appleby Model Engineering transfers....

How did you source them, please?

Are Appleby operational again and, if so, how do you order?

Is there an on-line list of available products anywhere?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

How did you source them, please?

Are Appleby operational again and, if so, how do you order?

Is there an on-line list of available products anywhere?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi John, 

I emailed John, seems like a top bloke and was more than helpful. He does a few transfers sheets and other bits I am sure if you ask him he will send you a list.

Here is his Email.  john@jaatalbot.plus.com

Hope that helps, let me know how you go.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi John, 

I emailed John, seems like a top bloke and was more than helpful. He does a few transfers sheets and other bits I am sure if you ask him he will send you a list.

Here is his Email.  john@jaatalbot.plus.com

Hope that helps, let me know how you go.

Cheers Peter.

Peter,

That is exceptionally good news!

At one time I was in contact with John on a regular basis - one of my first transfer sheets was for his proposed 4mm. scale COVHOP kit, which was never released.

Last time I tried to contact him I was told that he was seriously ill; hopefully he's back to good health now.

I'll give him a call.

Thanks,

John.

Peter,

That is exceptionally good news!

At one time I was in contact with John on a regular basis - one of my first transfer sheets was for his proposed 4mm. scale COVHOP kit, which was never released.

Last time I tried to contact him I was told that he was seriously ill; hopefully he's back to good health now.

I'll give him a call.

Thanks,

John.

No Worries John,

I believe he has been quite ill but is going ok at the moment. I seem to remember seeing a COVHOP sheet on his list. 

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

No Worries John,

I believe he has been quite ill but is going ok at the moment. I seem to remember seeing a COVHOP sheet on his list. 

Cheers Peter.

Peter,

I've just had a good long chat with John Talbot - he seemed on good form!

As you say, a most helpful guy - well worth contacting to him if you're after anything from the Appleby range - both 4 & 7mm.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

The Cambridge transfers are great but read the instructions. Seems obvious but me being me I did not! I varnshed over them with an enamel matt varnish. End of! However ther are plenty on the sheet so I was OK. Use Acrylic varnish. The Woodhead transfers used to be my favorite but not available now. I wouldn't like to choose between Cambridge and Modelmater - I use both.

• RMweb Premium

The Woodhead transfers used to be my favorite but not available now.........

Mine too - it was the demise of Woodhead that set me on the course of finding an alternative.

Back in 1998, finding none, I sought out the means to produce my own.

Mentioning the merits of Alps printers in the Letters pages of MRJ, in the same month that those printers ceased to be available in the UK, sealed my destiny to offer my transfers to a wider user-base !!!

The rest is history.

All the best,

John Isherwood.

Archived