Bemo Om Tracktor?

backofanenvelope

• RMweb Gold

I'm guessing around the same as DM, I was chatting to Peter of Winco at the weekend and he hasn't seen any prices yet.

Still if you look at the RhB Om brass options in the 2-5000 range suddenly Bemo seems more reasonable!

Happily my new Schoma Tm 2/2 nbr 118 is arriving later this year or early next, from Signalmeister in Graz, Austria. I seem to recall it will be about £600 with sound chip and driver.

I gave up looking at prices years ago after buying the Alpin Line Ge 4/4' and Ge 4/4" ; they were about £800 each.  Quite reasonable for Switzerland !!

I just ensure that SWMBO has enough Radley bags to keep her happy......never realised you had to have Radley bags to go on holiday - not just a handbag but a suitcase as well !!

It is my only hobby after all...along with her ladyship and the younger version of her :superman:

• 1 year later...

At last an 0m Tractor has appeared on Ebay.de alongside all those vans and container wagons.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BEMO-9273118-Rangiertraktor-Tm-2-2-58-der-Rhatischen-Bahn-Spur-Om-NEU-/361231172631?pt=DE_Modellbau_Modelleisenbahnen&hash=item541b0e4417

Given the Euro rate it may be a bargain at around £370 !

Edit: or you can offer less ......

• RMweb Gold

The track arrived, as a kit! So I spent a while sliding on the sleepers then fired up the little Tm. A few tweaks to the sound still required and some running in as there's a slight whine at speed but smooth performance.

Video of the Tm

Track before and after ;)

AB93AF92-21C2-4407-907F-B7D3F3B5B40F.jpg

• 4 months later...

Yes, I finally succumbed and bought a sound-fitted Bemo Tm 2/2 with Fama wheels and couplings.

I raided the boiler fuel account, my meagre savings and then came to an agreement with she-whom-I-love for the balance.....

Here she is - err, the loco, of course  :imsohappy:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/winterschlaf/19677591790/in/datetaken/

I shall not be fitting lights but may manage to fit a driver  :scratchhead:

It should have lights Bob, mine did F8 is cab light and external are F0 or 1

Thanks, Paul !    I should have checked it. Lovely lighting arrangements and great selection of sounds.

Strangely, another V4-fitted loco displays lights whenever the GM PA2 is switched on and before any loco is selected.

Archived