mainline wheels gone out of sync how can i reset and stop this happening again

bobclifford123

hi I have recently come back to model railways after  many years and would love a little bit of help to resync my manor/mogel wheels  as I am a little rusty and older and things are a bit different to my younger days of Hornby doublo three rail and these locos are in good nic  until this fault occurred

1st, I assume you mean re-quarter them and 2nd I assume you have some older models with the split axles.  If both assumptions are correct you will have to take the bottom keeper plate off the cassis (normally held in place by 2 or 3 small self tapping type screws) and examine the condition of the plastic joiners/sleeves the couple together each wheel 1/2.  I suspect you may find the plastic sleeves are split and are not holding the 1/2 axles in place any more.  You will have to replace these sleeves, not a really difficult job if you can get them.  I seem to remember someone on this forum posting a reference to where you can find them.  It might be Peters Spares or it might actually be Bachmann.  Best of luck!

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone Peter from Peters Spares here, We have just had some of the Mainline Axle and drive Axles into stock they are in our eBay store and on our website under PS codes if you are on our web site either give 'mainline axle' a search or visit the spares section and navigate to Mainline Spares. They are £5.99 per set. Thanks Peter

Archived