Old photos from the '50s

• RMweb Gold

Hi Giles,

Oxenholme is the location (for all but the last), Oxenholme No.3 box has shut and been demolished (1942) so that( and the BR numbers) puts it in the 1950s as you suggest.

hth

Edit to add "but the last"

Ah.... That's fascinating... I never would have guessed!

In that case I think it must be circa 1952, as I think that about that time he toured up there with the Arena Theatre Company (as their Electrician) and that's the only time I know of him going to that area.

Thank you very much!

Here's his favourite Pug on hire to BTH Rugby either very late '30's or 40's

Pug_zpsabf68f50.jpg

The last one is definitely Penrith. I'm modelling 65098 a Darlington based sister engine. Do you have a date for this shot? I've been looking for a good clear shot of this side of a j21 in the early -mid 1950's to clarify the details of the lubricator drive so this shot is an excellent one for me.

The last one is definitely Penrith. I'm modelling 65098 a Darlington based sister engine. Do you have a date for this shot? I've been looking for a good clear shot of this side of a j21 in the early -mid 1950's to clarify the details of the lubricator drive so this shot is an excellent one for me.

I'm afraid I can only sat 1952 give or take twelve months - but I'm glad it's useful!

Archived