3D Sheaves

What are plummer / pillow blocks?

Gordon A

Ah, OK, I should have posted a picture really shouldn't I?!

This is the kind of thing:

Pillow-Block-Bearings-001.jpg

Here's a page with some detail of headgear sheave bearings:

http://www.pleasley-pit.org.uk/html/sheaves.htm

I'm planning on having the sheaves running with a winder and endless loop to give the effect of the pit in use...

TTFN,

Ben

Aha, I failed to find those! The search function on Shapeways doesn't agree with me and I think of myself as quite a competent one for searching. The only one I'd found was a job lot for about fifty dollars and no word of scale. Super, now I just need to find a discount code...!

TTFN,

Ben

Hole is 1.33mm nominal, the raised boss around it has an outer dia of 2.3mm so plenty of scope for drilling out and bushing for various shaft diameters. 

Looking at the sizes, I think I might need mine about twice the size of those. The Sheaves state they are intened for a 2.6mm brass tube. What sort of money would I be looking at for say half a dozen twice the size of the listed ones perhaps?

Cheers,

Ben

+

The Hazelwood Models Sheaves come to order on size

And include detail of spoke nuts. The larger sizes run on

2mm or larger tube as bush inserts with the axles fixed to

The pithead structure. The 2mm scale wheels use 1mm rod

Into 2mm tube on the structure as bearings.

They are modelled on The Writhlington Wheels.

Reviewed by Chris Nevard.

Noel

Edited by Dazzler Fan

Looking at the sizes, I think I might need mine about twice the size of those. The Sheaves state they are intened for a 2.6mm brass tube. What sort of money would I be looking at for say half a dozen twice the size of the listed ones perhaps?

Cheers,

Ben

I'll run it through the system and see what comes out.

Sold to that man! Many thanks. One step closer to finishing the first of my buildings with the headstocks and winding house. Both are tryouts for my CNC router which I normally use as just a drill so this is something of an experiment. I've come up with a fairly simple concrete headstock design as a test and pretty happy so far. Will see how it turns out, hopefully all the Shapeways bits will make it undamaged...

TTFN,

Ben