Detailing and Modifying Ready to Run Locomotives in 00 Gauge

polybear

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

I came across the above book for the first time whilst at the St.Albans Exhibition (there's also a Volume 1, covering Diesel and Electric Locos), written by George Dent - who contributes to Model Rail magazine I believe.

Has anyone bought this book yet please - and if so is it any good? George's articles in Model Rail are usually good, so I'm hopeful the book is too...

Many thanks

Brian

I liked volume 1.

It takes you through projects in a series of difficulty and complexity - ie adding nameplates, renumbering transfers then to grills etc through to complete rebuilds.

Like any book, the more you know on the subject the less you will get out of it - however I still picked up a few ideas of doing simple but often frustrating tasks that I had not heard before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Many thanks for the replies - I've just received this book (normally 18-99; approx. 14-00 from Amazon). Even though I've literally only just flicked thru' it, it appears to be a very worthwhile purchase :)

Incidentally, if you buy it from Amazon and apply for one of their Credit Cards (Mastercard) at the same time, they have the following deal running:

The New Amazon.co.uk MasterCard

* ??15 will be credited to your Amazon.co.uk MasterCard once you make a purchase on your card within 180 days of the account opening

- So you actually get the book for nothing ;) Then either keep the card or dump it if you don't want it anymore. Not that I would do such a thing, you understand....

No connections, usual disclaimers etc.

Brian

Archived